Thursday 20 October 2016

This is my bar sheet for the following animation. Due to the slightly increased complexity of the animation principal that I will be dealing with, this was the first time that I saw the true importance of a bar sheet, and despite the fact that the final product doesn't exactly follow the plan, this still proved very helpful.

https://vimeo.com/188069156

This is my third experimentation in the stop motion room. This time I am considering rule 2# of the 12 principals of animation, which is known as ‘Anticipation’. This was used to prepare the audience for an action therefore making the action appear more realistic. This was shown in my animation by having the block move and tilt backwards before the main, much quicker motion occurs. Rule 5# was also taken into account within this animation, this rule is known as ‘Follow through and overlapping action’, and means that certain parts of the moving object should keep moving after it has come to a stop before being pulled back to the desired stop.  This is also shown in my animation, as the block tilts forward after stopping, and then wobbles backwards. I feel that I pulled of the effect well, and I think that I have given the block a lot more character and life through the animation. On my previous animation, I stated in my evaluation that I wish I had made the starting movements a lot more subtle, therefore making the slow in more evident, which I feel as though I have improved in this version, as when the block takes off and even in the anticipation itself, the slow in is a lot more subtle, but not so much so that it becomes unnoticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment