Wednesday 5 October 2016

Animation Context - Week 2

During this session we were tasked to go an look for a job role that we would like to occupy in the future.

Animator (2D computer animation)

After looking through all of the job roles relating to animation in the http://creativeskillset.org/ website, I decided that the job role which personally appealed to me the most was 2D computer animation. The reason for this, is that my work is mostly produced digitally using programs such as Photoshop and Serif Draw Plus, as I find it easier to add a layer of polish to anything I produce, and I have grown fond of these specific programs, despite nearly all of my final outcomes being influenced by or developed from many original sketches. 2D animation is also my favourite form of animation, as I have been influenced by classic American animation such as 'Looney Tunes' and 'Tom and Jerry', through their very quirky designs and slapstick humour, and also more modern cartoons such as 'Rick and Morty'. I have picked three qualities that the website listed that are beneficial for this role, and I will decide upon a way to develop my skills in these areas.

  • have animation and acting skills, combined with a good sense of graphic design - I will continue producing my works of graphic design for my facebook page, in order to further develop my sense of graphic design, and before animating any complex action for a character, may film myself or another person acting out the motion, in order to get a better idea of how the action looks whilst being performed, thus creating a more realistic looking outcome.
  • have a good level of computer literacy - I will familiarise myself with a wider variety of computer based animation programs, such as Maya.
  • be able to take direction and willing to address constructive feedback - I will start to ask for feedback on anything I produce more regularly, hoping for a constructive comment or comments, and work on any complaints which will be addressed. This will help me to become more reflective of my own work, and may also help me to give honest feedback on other peoples work.
(Left) Notes from this session (Right) Tom & Jerry


No comments:

Post a Comment