Sunday 9 October 2016


I really enjoyed the second week of our 'Creative Play' course, as I felt it gave us a really good chance to display some creativity. My favourate of all the tasks was the one where we had to create our own animals using the same cutouts, as we got to see how even by using the same assets, each member of our team managed to produce something brilliantly unique. As I was cutting out pieces which at first I intended to use for a certain body part, as I stuck them down I realised that they could instead be used in a much more humorous way as an alternative body part, such as the Emu head used as a tail, or the Camel humps used as an open mouth, which I think has resulted in a unique outcome, if a bit messy and unpolished.

During this session, we're also tasked to redesign the male and female toilet signs and adapt them to represent a movie of our choice, here are my two contributions -

The first one that I drew was of Shaun and Liz from the British film 'Shaun of the Dead'. I chosen these two because they come from one of my favourate movies, and one that has a widespread popularity, therefore should be easily recognizable. However, I didn't like the fact that I had to only colour in little details instead of making it a silhouette as toilet signs often are, regardless of how necessary they were. Despite that, I really liked the outcome.

After learning from my previous idea, I was able to make these two a lot more simplistic, due to the iconic features that these two characters have, therefore I didn't need to go into a lot of detail. In case you couldn't tell, they're Homer and Marge from 'The Simpsons Movie'.

This activity has increased my interest in minimalist art, which is something that as a graphic designer, I enjoy producing a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment