Thursday 13 October 2016

https://vimeo.com/187225418

This is my second experimentation in the stop motion room. This is similar to the previous experiment, however the movement of the block in this animation follows rule 6# of the 12 principals of animation, which is known as 'Slow in Slow out'. This was used to make the movement appear more natural and realistic, as in reality the object would need time to accelerate and slow down. Even though I have only been in the stop motion room once prior to this experiment, the process came a lot more naturally to me and I feel as though I am fully familiar with the stop motion room. There are several improvements which were made after learning from the first attempt, for example I feel the lighting and angle is much better, thus showing that I am slowly improving with the stop motion process. I feel that I pulled of the effect reasonably well, though I wish I would have made the starting movements a lot more subtle, therefore making the slow in more evident, which I will keep in mind next time that I utilise this principal. Below is the bar sheet which I created for this animation.


I have also produced both of my current Stop-Motion exercises within Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment