Thursday 27 October 2016


https://vimeo.com/189224988

This is my forth experimentation in the stop motion room. Instead of focusing on a single animation principal, for this one I incorporated what I learned from all of the previous animations into creating a pendulum movement. The main principal that I had to take into consideration was the ‘Slow in, Slow out’ principal, as that was essential for giving the movement a lot more of a realistic feel in terms of physics. The slow in and out was emphasised even more in this animation, in order to really emphasise the swing. The only issue I have with the final product, is the fact that the final few swings I feel are a little bit too quick, as in reality the swings may take a longer amount of time, but I feel as though the mistake is subtle enough to not be instantly recognisable, however if I ever need to incorporate a pendulum animation again (not only via stop motion), I will take this into account. I feel as though the main reason for me not fully succeeding in this experiment, is the fact that I didn't follow my bar sheet accurately, and instead only utilised it as a base to understand the motion. I produced this bar sheet digitally to get a more accurate diagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment