Tuesday 8 November 2016


This is my bar sheet for the following animation. Due to the fact that in this instance, I am working with two blocks, I have separated the top and bottom halves of the bar sheet to show the directions for each block, as many of the actions overlap with each other, and therefore it would be easier to show what both blocks are instructed to do at the same time. Unlike the ‘anticipation’ bar sheet, this bar sheet mimics near perfectly how the final product turned out, with nearly each frame the same as how it was written down. This proved problematic though, as the sprint of the block at the end of the final product should have been a lot faster, but as I was strictly following the bar sheet, the sprint was not as fast as I intended, therefore reducing the impact of the collision with the other block at the end. In order to get around this next time, I will take into greater consideration the number of frames that I wish each movement to occupy. Aside from this, this bar sheet greatly helped me during the production.

https://vimeo.com/190768124

This is my fifth experimentation in the stop motion room. This time I was tasked to make two individual blocks interact with each other, and come up with a story/situation it. I decided to have my story about block one creeping up to block two, and whenever block two turns around, block one freezes to prevent him from being caught, before finally dashing towards block two and knocking him over. I chose this story as it is relatively simple, and a good way of showing two blocks interacting with each other. As I am giving the blocks more of a character and purpose this time, I took into extra consideration how to animate certain movements, and when and when not to utilise certain principals of animation. For example, when the block is slowly creeping up, I didn’t use much anticipation, as the movement is relatively slow, however when the block dashes at the end, I used a lot of anticipation, in order to show that the movement is going to be a lot quicker. I also used ‘follow through’ for when the block stops when the other block starts to turn around, in order to emphasise the harsh stop. Overall I am pleased with how my simple interaction turned out, minis the dash at the end which I have addressed above, but thankfully I know how to prevent this next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment