Thursday 30 March 2017

The Making of Project #2

I am absolutely gutted that we didn't manage to finish our project in time for the brief deadline, however I feel as though the making of video to go along with it, is in many ways an improvement upon my previous making of video, greatly due to the feedback which I was given on my first. Below is a link to what we managed to finish of the animation itself, the blank segments being the areas of the animation which were incomplete.

https://vimeo.com/208079127

Below is a link to the making of video to go along with this product, where I evaluate the piece and go over my development process.

https://vimeo.com/210791500

I feel as though this making of video is a lot more efficient, as a common complaint about my previous making of video was in regards to the middle segment, where the voice over is paused whilst music plays and a run through of my animation process is shown, as many thought it was lacking when compared to the rest of the video, I gathered criticism such as this -

"Include a voice over throughout"

"Try to lead the viewers into what they're seeing, sometimes its hard to comprehend when so much is happening in a short amount of time"

So in order to prevent this from becoming an issue with this new making of, I provided a voice over for the animation process in the same manor that I did with the rest of the making of, and made sure the stretch out the length of this particular segment so that my very complex method of animating is easier to explain and portray. I am very pleased that I was given this feedback, as without it I would have likely stayed to the same format as in my first, and the altered segment I personally feel is a huge improvement on the first, and hopefully explains my process a lot better. I kept the rest of video in the same format due to its positive reception, and I feel it works equally as well this time around. We used a colour scheme and style reminiscent of the source material which we were focused on, same as I did in my previous making of.

However there are a number of issues which I have with this new edition which were absent from my previous video. For one, due to communication issues I was not able to gather voice recordings from my partner, and therefore wasn't able to include her thoughts on the project and a more in-depth look into her process, which makes the video feel more personal than it should for a group project, so in order to prevent this on my following project, I will make sure I will have a more efficient form of contact for my partner/s. Another aspect that I feel let down the video, was the fact that as what I have done in this project is so similar to my previous project, I felt as though I was repeating myself several times in the original script, so a lot of information was cut in fear of it feeling the same as my last one, so without watching both, my main inspirations and some of my process is lacking from the commentary on my new making of video, in order to prevent this on my next project, I will ensure that I pick a project which is different from my previous two, thus allowing me to create a new and hopefully interesting making of video. 

As there is a lot of similar source material, there is a lot of ways in which I can extend this project, however as I have done something similar in my past two making ofs, I would prefer to experiment with something new.




No comments:

Post a Comment