Friday 24 March 2017

Posing with the 'Buckid' rig in Maya

In order to get used to the rig which I will be using for my Maya animations for this module, I practiced a few key poses with 'Buckid', trying to communicate as much emotion into this simple rig as possible, which was mainly accomplished via curves and arcs of the characters' stance, and the extent of open and closed postures.

This was a 'shocked' or 'devastated' pose. I had Buckid learn back, clenching his head, as if he was chucking his head back in shock or devastation.

This was a 'sad' pose. I saw this as a pose which would likely come after the previous pose, therefore would  be good for pose-to-pose. I felt as though the arch of the character as well as the dangling arms and head really help to communicate this emotion.

I wasn't focused on a particular emotion here, I was instead imitating a stance from a video game character which I like, which I feel work out relatively well.

This is another pose imitating a video game character.

I was not pleased with the outcome of this one, the intention was to make Buckid seem as though he was shielding himself via his hands in a scared or afraid manor. However a more closed, clenched and protective stance would have helped to communicate this expression more effectively, instead this just looks as though he is pushing an object.

This is another pose imitating a video game character. I really like this one due to the cartoony and exaggerated pose which translate well into Buckid.

This was not based off of anything in particular, and instead is a reference to my previous stop motion animation.
Playing around with this rig came through very naturally to me, perhaps to my preference to digital media, and I feel as though I have been successfully able to create several decent poses and am anticipating on working with Buckid further.

No comments:

Post a Comment