Monday 9 October 2017

Creative Collaberation - Weeks 1 & 2 

When I first heard that one of our modules for the first semester of second year was called 'Creative Collaboration', I was excited as I thoroughly enjoyed working in groups and pairs last year, as it got me to get to know more people on my course and allowed everyone to focus on their areas of interests, thus working to everyone's strengths. Hopefully the same will apply to this module.

On the first session, we were quickly introduced to a 2 week brief, which ties into a bi-monthly, international, looping animation challenge, known as 'Loop De Loop'. We were tasked to find a partner and create a looping animation related to the word 'Power'. I partnered myself with James.


Above is the final rendered video. Overall, I am very happy with the final product, the only issues I have lie and the frame rate, but that was due to time issues and inexperience with this technique of animation, something that would definitely be amending in the next similar task, as I think the quality of animation that can be produced through this method has potential to be far greater than that of my previous methods. The piece loops successfully, flows relatively well and has a character design which I am very pleased with, so will definitely try to incorporate more characters into my future products in this module, in order to provide a large diversity in my growing portfolio of character designs and refine my style. I found James ideal to work with as we were both easily contactable with eachother, both were satisfied with the certain jobs we were given and shared similar visions, I look forward to working with new people in the future, and hope to see if some alternate skills of mine could influence a group project, as I worked relatively within my comfort zone of digital animation in this instance.


No comments:

Post a Comment